Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happiness Project & January Goals


I mentioned in this post that I would be sharing my monthly goals and the change up Rissa and I are making.  And after spending over an hour video chatting with her Sunday night, Rissa and I have officially decided how this big shindig is going to go down.  And I must say I am in love with it!
Last year I set out 14 goals for the whole year.  14 things I wanted to accomplish.  And I got to most of them.  But not all.  Which is totally good and fine with me.  Life happens and I am still happy with what I did accomplish.  Also starting last year Rissa and I started our monthly video chats to hold each other accountable for goals.
This year instead of setting a number of goals to work on throughout the year we have decided to do....A Happiness Project.  We could not be more excited to be embarking on this journey this year. Gretchen Rubin wrote the book The Happiness Project back in 2011.  Both Rissa and I have read the book and loved the inspiration we got from Gretchen. 
We have put out own little spin on out Happiness Project.  We chose our own life topics to tackle each month.  We desire to work on different parts of our lives in order to grow and become better people.  By focusing on one area a month we believe we will be better able to focus and achieve the goals we set.
So how does it work?  Each month we have a life topic to tackle.  With each life topic comes sub goals to work on throughout the month in order to achieve tackling the life topic.  So what life topics did we choose?

January--Happiness Project
February--Body
March--Faith
April--Money
May--Relaxation
June--Play
July--Mind
August--Home
September--Career
October--Pro-activity
November--Relationships
December--Mindfulness

Each month I will explain a little more what each topic represents to me and reveal the sub goals I have for that life topic.

Since our video chat happened later in January than we expected, we didn't want to rush anything.  So we chose to focus on planning for the rest of the months.  My sub goals for this month include:

1. Decide on sub goals for all months
2. Get everything together to help better achieve goals
3. Re-read the book The Happiness Project

One thing I want to keep in mind with this project is that this is a working and moving plan.  This meaning things are subject to change if life changes.  And that is ok.  Also once I finish the month of one life topic doesn't mean I stop working on that life topic.  I want things I do to carry over throughout the year.

Well now that I have written the longest post ever, I will wrap it up by saying that I cannot be more excited to have all of these goals to make me more happier!  
Signature

2 comments:

Mosby Hardin said...

I can't wait to start this!!

Mosby Hardin said...

I love this idea! Will be following :)