Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dandelion Detox


I posted last week about this Dandelion Detox that I was doing.  I have seen all over Pinterest and other blogs different kinds of detoxes and I really wanted to try one.  I think it is always a good idea to clean out our bodies, as long as we do it healthy.

I wanted something simple and that is what I found.  It originally comes from Jillian Michaels, but I found it on this site.  I was a little nervous at first that I would not like the taste, and then not be able to finish it.  But I LOVED it!

Here is what you need (pictured above)
Dandelion Root Tea
No Sugar Added Cranberry Juice
Lemon Juice
Water

You combine together 1 tea bag, 1 tablespoon of Cranberry Juice, 2 tablespoons Lemon juice, and 60 oz. of water.  I let it sit over night to get the best flavor possible. ( It really just tastes like unsweetened tea with lemon)

You do this for 5 days and can lose up to 5 pounds.  And I actually did lose the 5 pounds.  BUT  when I started this I also started back up my seriously clean eating like I had done this past summer.  I do believe I would have lost at least half even if I was eating like I had before.

One key is to make sure this is added to your daily water intake, not a substitute.  60 oz. is nothing for me.   I usually drink around 100 oz a day.  The more water you drink the less you retain.  Again DO NOT substitute this for you water intake.

So what does it do?  Well Dandelion Root helps with your digestive system.  It goes in and tries to clear out.  According to Livestrong.com here is what it can do:
1. It is a mild diuretic (makes you pee)
During this increased urine production, there can be reduced fluid retention, flushing of toxins from              the bladder and kidneys (helping them to work better)
2. It is a mild laxative (makes you poo)
It aids in digestive discomfort and helps increase healthy bacteria in the digestive track which imporves digestion.

So your probably wondering if I was having to poo all the time (TMI?).  The answer is no.  It just made me more regular.  It may make you poo a little more than usual, but you do not need to sit by the toilet while drinking this.  Also, yes I had to pee all the time but that is completely normal for me.

If you are wanting to try a detox I definitely recommend this one to everyone.  It clears you out without you having to do anything extreme.  If you try it let me know so we can compare notes about it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds really interesting! After Easter I plan on getting back on track with exercising and eating healthier, and this would probably be a good jumpstart!

JennOvey said...

I'd love to do this but I'm not a huge fan of lemon - is it overbearing?