Monday, March 18, 2013

8 Weeks

In 8 weeks my whole life is going to change.  In 8 weeks I leave the place I have called home for the past 4 years.  In 8 weeks I leave the girls who have held me together for 4 years.  In 8 weeks I graduate from college.

First Day at Milligan
I cannot believe the time has almost come.  I still remember stepping foot on campus that first day of Freshmen year.  I remember meeting "those girls" and the laughs we shared while getting to know each other.  I remember the life changes of Sophomore and Junior year.  And I cannot believe it is all in the past.


They say this time goes by faster than you think...it's true.  I am growing up.  I am REALLY growing up.  Sometimes I don't want to, and other times I am DYING to!

Now I don't want this post to be a sad one.  I want it to be a happy one.  I am beyond grateful for the past 4 years.  I would not trade them for anything in the world.  I grew up a lot here at Milligan.  Yes, I still may be a princess, but I am a strong princess.


I am going to miss this place and "those girls", but I know I can always come back and visit and that the girls will always be there.  

Looking back I feel so lucky that I got to be here.  I feel lucky to get to be friends with "those girls".  I feel lucky to also be going where I am going.  God has definitely been looking out for me.


While my whole world may be changing, I can't wait to see what happens.  And I really cannot wait to grow even more.  Watch everyone (and hopefully myself) get married and have babies and always come back to out "home".


For those of you who have made this transition, PLEASE tell me all will be ok?!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauren Tomlinson said...

It will definitely be okay! It will be scary and unknown, but exciting and well worth it!

ricci said...

It will be ok!!! I remember going through that exact same thing. When people tell you college is the best time I your life believe it. It really is. I wish I could go back every single day and the friends I made in college are still my best friends now. Sure, we may all be in different states but that's ok too. That just means awesome vacations with a free room to stay in!!!

Breanna said...

Everything will be okay & work out :)

I graduated this past December after 5 1/2 years in college. It was definitely sad & a transition to make. It's very strange being done with that chapter of your life. But it's also really exciting. And it's also comforting to know that others are experiencing the same feelings as you.

Amy said...

It most definitely WILL be okay!! My life has only gotten better post college :)