Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Be Still

God has been screaming something at me lately.  And when I say screaming, I mean He has gone out of his way numerous times to show me what He needs from me right now.  And what I need from Him right now.  It fills my heart to the brim to have a God who would seek after me this hard!

Be Still.  Be still and know that I am God.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have heard, seen, or read these two lines in the past couple of weeks.  The first time I clearly remember seeing it and thinking it was something I needed to embrace was when Erin wrote about her new tattoo. I loved what it stood for and it got me thinking.

Then I started seeing the phrase all over Pinterest and loving it and repining it like crazy.  And then last week in class, after one of the most stressful days of my life, one of my professors brought his wife in to teach us some relaxation techniques.  During one of the techniques she had us meditate on a saying.  She chose "Be still and know that I am God" as an example.

via
I started saying this phrase over and over during the relaxation technique.  I really let it melt into my soul and allowed God to come in and show me what I needed.  

I had been running 100 miles an hour up to that point.  I felt dead.  I had a blank mind and could not focus on a thing.  I was empty and needed someone to turn to.  And there God was with open arms inviting me in.  Telling me to "Be Still."  To let him take over.  Allow him to do all the dirty work for me.  Give him the stress and let it all go.  

The feeling of knowing I could do this and my heart would be full again is indescribable.  I needed that moment.  I needed Him to come in and take it all away from me.  I needed help and he came at exactly the right moment.

Do I still hold onto some of that stress? Honestly, yes.  I have a hard time letting it all go.  But even giving up the little I did changed so much.  The past two days have been some of the best I have had in a long time.  I have felt little stress and have been able to relax.
I owe it all to the Lord and I am so thankful He blesses me in all the ways that he does.  
Signature

2 comments:

Miss Riss said...

"Allow him to do all the dirty work for me;" LOVE this!! Great verse, and oh so true

JennOvey said...

This otlchallenge has rocked my very core the past few days. God has spoke, SCREAMED, to me in ways that I haven't heard Him in years. I'm glad to be sharing this experience with you - and the other ladies. God is good.