Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! I love coming out of the sweltering hot weather of summer, and into a nice cool breeze of fall. Fall brings cute clothes, yummy flavors, and fun activities to do! This fall is off to a great start! Here are some of my fall favorites so far!
I am so excited about this coffee! I am in LOVE with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and now I can make them every morning this fall!!!
Every year I look forward to these little pumpkins! They are yummy and probs my favorite Halloween candy!
Lately there have been several things I have been extremely grateful for. And they include:
Home cooked meals with new friends.
The release of unnecessary guilt.
The ability to start over fresh.
Shopping with the roommate and suite-mate.
Parents who love me no matter what.
The ability to see friends who are far away.
People who love me, even when they see my not so nice side.
Finally realizing that God really does have a much better plan for my life then I do.
Siblings who surprise me with nice messages that made me want to cry.
This weekend me and Jessi went up to Mountain Christian Church in Joppa, MD to visit our best friends who have an internship there. We were so stoked to see Becky and Kelly. Here is our weekend in pictures:)
Starbucks defined our weekend. Coffee was all I needed to get through the day... and let me tell you I had a lot of coffee!
Jessi wrote out our directions to get there :)
We may have been a bit hyper driving there...
Only because we were super excited!!!
Good Morning Baltimore!!
The scary tunnel I had to drive through twice!
We made it!!
love my friends!!
getting ready together saturday morning!
Being cute because we can!
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!!!!!
Our disguises for target!
We made a lot of bread for dinner...
And yes we ate it all!!
We had so much fun this weekend and I am so glad we got to spend some wonderful time with our best friends :))
I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!! Like seriously they are the best ever! And I am about to embark on one starting this afternoon with my very awesome friend Jessi! And we are going to work our way to Maryland to go see our very missed best friends Kelly and Becky!! Seriously I am stoked!!!
It is so hard not having Kelly and Becky here and I miss them more than ever!! They are amazing women of God and I look up to them so much! I miss hearing their wisdom on things, whether it is on God or boys!
Becky and I have always have Thursday night dates since freshmen year here at Milligan. And let me tell you, I miss them soooooooo much! Thursday's are just not the same without you Beck!
And me and Kelly, well I just miss her smiling face so much and cannot wait to see it again! She so freaking cute everyday and I miss that... a lot!
Now for the amazing road trip we will be taking. Today we leave at 4ish and head to Virginia to see Jessi's family. A home cooked meal is just what we want and need tonight! And then tomorrow starting at 5 a.m. we make our way to Maryland. It will be about 6 hours and we are seriously stoked about it!!!
Then we get to spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with Beck and Kel! AHHHHHHHHH I just know it is going to be amazing!!
Wish us luck and pray us there safely! And there will def be an update on what happens!!
This is the most recent picture of me. And I like it because it shows how FREAKING LONG my hair has gotten. My hair hasn't been this long since my senior year of high school. And right about now I am ready to cut it!! Should I?
So this one is kinda easy right now! There are two songs that I listen to on a daily basis:
1. Who Says by Selena Gomez: Why do I love this so much? Because it reminds me of all of my amazing campers and how wonderful they were!
2. Wave Your Flag by K'Naan: This one again comes from camp. Even though I threw a hissy fit about changing our song 4 times that week, this probably was the best XiRho song ever. It was great to sing it in both English and Spanish. I loved learning a new language and how it really brought girls camp together!
1. How to Train Your Dragon: Yes I know this is a kids movie, but it is seriously my favorite movie ever. I could (and have) watch this movie a million times and never be tired of it!! Its the best evs!!
2. Harry Potter: Now I loved all of the books and I have loved all of the movies. They are so much fun and a part of my childhood I never want to forget!
3. The Help: This is one I am looking forward to seeing. I read the book and I have only heard amazing things about the movie!
As many of you know I LOVE to read!!! So for me to narrow down books to just four can sometimes be pretty hard...but I will try:)
1. Heaven is For Real: If you haven't read this book then please stop right now, go to the book store and buy it and read it! It is one of the best books I have personally ever read! I loved every bit of it!
2. The Help: Another awesome book. This one really opened my eyes to things, and now I am DYING to go see the movie!
3. Water for Elephants: A fun and intriguing book, that was very enjoyable. This would probs be one of my favorite fiction, just for fun books.
4. The Ishbane Conspiracy: Now this is one not many people have probs heard of, but it is one that will always stick out to me. It is by Randy Alcorn, and I read it many years ago. Its brings insight into how the Devil tempts us and plays a part in our lives. You should totes read it!
1. Macaroni and Cheese: Seriously this is my favorite food evs! I could live on this for like ever and be completely happy!! It doesn't matter if it is homemade or comes from a box...I love it none the less!
2. Tomatoes: I HATE TOMATOES!!!! They are gross and so not right. This is the one food though that I wish I liked. They always look yummy, but then when I try to eat them I want to throw up.
3. Frozen yogurt: Love this stuff! Its just like ice cream but not as bad for you so I never feel like I am eating something bad. And we have a new place here in TN that has it called Menchies, and I'm pretty sure could live there.
4. Cheese: I like cheese. Its yummy and there is always a good time to eat cheese. I know this is weird but it is the truth. I like cheese.
5. Barbs: I love love love Barbs and I have been craving it like crazy lately!!! Yummy Yummy burritos and I kinda want some now!
1. Home: Home is where the heart is, and sometimes for me that means home can be here in Tennessee. But for the most part my heart is always back in Lakeland, Fl with my family. I love our home and I love the people in it. And I kinda miss them a lot.
2. Milligan College: This is the place I found me. I am going into my third year here and sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. I love the school and the people, but lets be serious the location is not my favorite. Mountains and snow are just not for me!
3. The Vineyard Camp: Now this is the place I grew up. Its like a second home to me every time I go back. I have spent 11 years there and love the place so much. It will always hold a special place in my heart.
4. Anna Maria Island: OMG love this place. I love the beach and this has to be the most awesomest beach ever. If you want to check it out, don't worry I will be more than happy to take you there!
5. Boone,NC: So while we may not visit there all the time, my family and I spent a lot of time here. Mattie goes to school there and we always vacationed there. Love all of the memories I have of this place.
6. The Cayman Islands: This place will always hold a special place in my heart. It is the one place where my family and I had a legit family vacation together. We spent a week there and brought back so many wonderful memories!
1. Friends: I spent the first few days of this semester at school going around saying "I have no friends." Now this is not entirely true, but partly how I felt. So now I have started making new friends which I have discovered I love. So I want friends:)
2. Food: Right now I am currently hungry after doing some yoga and would like something yummy to eat.
3. Laughter: I'm a girl who loves to laugh and could use some good laughter with some best friends in my life right now.
4. To Teach: I love teaching, which is why I am in school learning how to do so. I want to be able to teach to all kinds of kids. I cannot wait till I will be able to do this!!
5. To Love: I want to love someone so much it hurts. Isn't this every girls dream?
6. To know my God more: I love God and I love getting to know him. He is amazing and awesome and I want to continue to dive into his word and really get to know him.
7. To live till I'm at least 82: No reason, it just sounds like a good age to live to!
So I am going to be lame and steal this idea from my friend Jessi's Blog.
Here is day 10: 10 Secrets
1. I hate the mountains, yet I am in school in the mountains.
2. When I get married (or should I say if I get married) I would much rather elope then have a big wedding.
3. I hate tomatoes with a passion.
4. I could eat macaroni and cheese every night if I didn't think I would gain 50 million pounds from doing so.
5. I miss my sister quite a bit when we are at school.
6. I want to have 4 or 5 kids later in life.
7. Even when I try REALLY hard I cannot for the life of me speak another language.
8. I hate mornings with a passion and wished they didn't exist.
9. When my friends are hurt I take on their pain as my own until they are happy again.
10. I can be one of the shyest people ever when I am in a room with no one I know.
Usually around this time of the semester I have something significant to say about the classes I am in here at Milligan. But this year I have NOTHING!! And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. They aren't good, they aren't bad, they are just there. They are places I have to go at certain times of the day and sit and listen to someone talk for what seems like forever. They don't even really give me any homework to do either. And yes I know I should not be complaining about that, but for someone who is constantly going going going, I have been kinda bored. All of my friends sit around constantly doing home work and there I am bugging them because I have nothing to do. Knowing my luck though this is going to change soon and I will be complaining that I have too much homework to do!
Well thats life for me here at Milligan! Also I went to my first Women's Soccer Game today and I was so proud of our Lady Buffs!!!!