Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bringing Back Some Old Times...

Yesterday my Dad posted this photo on Facebook.  I have no idea where it came from, or what made him want to put it on Facebook (maybe I should ask?).  As I was looking at the picture I was trying to place the time it was taken.  It seems that I must have been in Kindergarten or First Grade, approximately 15 years ago.  I get this from the fact that Mattie and I are in our school uniforms (aren't the adorbs?!) and Benjamin and Bryce are not.  Also this picture was taken before my parents renovated the home (if you come to the house now the window in the left is no longer there).

All I kept thinking when I saw this was "What in the world was I thinking putting those shoes with those tights and dress?" or "What was Mom thinking when she dressed me like that?" 90's style or what people?!

I was also curious of whether this is how my parents think of us.  When they think about the four of us kids do they think of us how we are today? Or do they think of the little ones we use to be?

Oh how some days I would love to go back to those days and not deal with being an adult, but other days I am so thankful to be done with those days.

I love how my parents raised us and you can tell from the smiles on all of our faces (except for Bryce who seems a little confused as to what is going on...) that we were happy kids! Love my family tons and love the fact that we are all still so close.  I would not trade a single one of them for anyone!

No comments: