Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vineyard Camp Session:F

This week went by super fast, just like I prayed it would.  That does not mean it did not have its ups and downs.  It was another crazy week at the Vineyard and I loved every bit of it (ok well most of it!)

This week girl's camp got a little smaller which was good news for me.  Less girls to worry about, and more one on one time for the girls that were there.  My sprained ankle is healing, but I still have some trouble walking and use my golf cart to get around pretty much everywhere.  Oh and everyone likes to make fun of the way I walk.  No me gusta!!!

We decided to make this week Beauty Week in girls camp.  And all week we talked to the girls about how they are made in God's image and this alone makes them the most beautiful girls ever.  We even went so far as to have a no makeup, mirror, or hair day on Wednesday!  And for all you out there who know how much I hate not being able to do my hair and makeup know this was not all that easy for me.  But I did it for the girls and I loved it.  Its amazing though how natural it is for a girl to just look at herself in a mirror.  Think about it people.  Try to go one full day without doing it.  Its not easy.

This week for XiRho Girl's Camp sang "Who Says" by Selena Gomez.  And lets just say we killed boys camp hands down.  The girls had fun, I had fun, and overall I was super proud of all of my girls.

This week I also learned quite a bit about myself.  One thing I already knew was that not everyone is going to like me.  But this week I had to learn how to handle that in a business sense.  Before hand when someone did't like me I just brushed them off and told them it was their loss.  This week being the leader of Girl's Camp I couldn't do that.  I had to like them even when they didn't like me.  And thats hard people.  But I am making it work for the next two weeks and then most of those who do no like me I won't ever have to see again.

Drama seemed to always be around me this week and it was not fun.  I think after 6 weeks people are tired and we have more trouble dealing with everything going on around us.  And of course I had to be the one handling it all.  And as I hope is still true, we got it all worked out in the end.

This weekend is my long weekend off and I am spending it with my family in Virginia.  It has been so nice to see all of my moms extended family, and spend some time with them.  I have not been here in about 7 years, so coming back to a place I grew up is always a nice thing to do!

I hope you all are having a great fun weekend.  Please continue to pray for the camp and for me as I go into my last two weeks at Camp Vineyard!

No comments: