Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Recap!


1.  I have decided to take up running.  It has been one of my goals for a while to do just that.  For whatever reason I think running is the absolute most wonderful workout one can do...I just ride the struggle bus when it comes to that.  BUT Kelly and I have decided we want to run the Color Run in Atlanta on April 6.  So Lo and I have turned into running buddies to help me train!  We ran half a mile twice on Saturday outside at Sycamore Shoals.  To say I was proud is an understatement! This week I hope to get up to .75 of a mile!  Any running tips are greatly appreciated:)

2.  Saturday the children's minster at my church, Kelly, asked me if I could come to church early and help out with the kids.  After I got there she told me she would be giving me a shaving cream beard and the kids would throw fruitloops at me.  Oh the joys of Kidmin.  P.S. I kept smelling the shaving cream all day and I HATED it!

3.  My Christ and Culture group, a class all seniors have to take, did our hike on Sunday.  And of course I needed to look cute.  I looked in one bag for a sweatshirt and found this one instead.  Totes forgot I evened owned this.  Loved it though and it was perfect for the hike!

4.  I have been on a major baking kick.  And after Kelly and Jess told me they loved my red velvet cream cheese brownies, I decided to make some more.  Except these were blue.  And I iced them.  And I made them into hearts for all the roomies.  Gotta have some love this week!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittany said...

nice job on the running. I am working on it too. I also want to do the color run this July.

Amy said...

Yayy for running!! I'm working on it too, being the non-runner that I am! My recommendation would be to vary between two types of runs. Do some runs where you go for distance, and let yourself take as many walking breaks as needed. Then do some runs where you simple focus on running for as long as possible, even if that means a very slow pace. Pretty soon you will notice that you can run farther between walking breaks, and you'll see your pace increasing! And THAT is where my motivation comes from!! :)

Miss Riss said...

haha, that shaving cream beard is hilarious! What a good sport you are! =)