Sunday, December 8, 2013

Exhaustion

 
Last week was a crazy week for me.  Hence why there were not many blog posts from me.  Monday and Tuesday weren't too bad. Normal days of sleeping in and getting homework done.  I had spent the previous week at my parents, so I was also cleaning and getting everything back together from not being there.

Wednesday was my first day of subbing.  It was only a half day, but it was more eventful than any other day I have had.  So much so, it is getting its own post tomorrow.  And then I worked from 3-7 at the gym.  And then I went to see The Hunger Games for the second time with friends.  Bad decision.  That was the night the exhaustion started.

Thursday I subbed again.  For a kindergarten class.  They are just SO much work.  They are cutelittle  loves, but I was tired and really did not want to hear one more time how to do something.  The teacher also had literally every minute of the day planned for me.  No joke.  So I was a wee bit stressed when I started to fall behind with assignments.  But the kids went with me on it and we made it work!

After subbing all day, I got off at 3 and raced to the gym.  I was there till 10 that night.  And I was pretty busy most of the night.  I was exhausted and just wanted to go home and sleep.  I had also decided I was not going to sub on Friday and instead sleep in and clean and relax. 

And then I got the phone call Friday morning.  The sweet teacher who called is a friend and had lost a family member and really needed me.  There was no way I could say no.  And of course she taught kindergarten.  I was in for a very long day.  The kids constantly talked.  They could not work independently at all and I was SO tired after working 14 hours the day before.                     

By the time I got home at 4 I wanted to go to bed but I was also starving.  I orded a pizza because I had no food.  Had a little drink.  And then passed out on the couch by 6.  Im telling you friends I was exhausted.  6 hours of sleep has never been enough for me. I woke up at 8, turned off the lights and called it a night.  And then slept until 7:30 the next morning.

I have never felt so refreshed.  Sleep is everything to me and when I miss out on it I crash and want to cry all the time.  Im actually surprised I never did.  Hopefully this week won't be as time consuming and hard. 

Fortunately as you see above, I have the best cuddle bunny ever.  I love that kid and don't know what I would do without all his snuggles:)

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

You are one busy lady Ms. Mosby! Kudos to you for toughin' it out! I'm the same way with my sleep...I need it! If I haven't had enough sleep I'm nowhere near productive, or enjoyable for that matter, in every other aspect of my life! Hahaha!