Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I Love Most About Christmas

Girl Between the Lines Link up

I am linking up with Lauren and Haley again for the Girl Between The Lines link up! This weeks topic is what we love most about the Holliday season!

This was super easy for me. As you all may know I am huge on love languages. And mine that I give out is gift giving. So it should be no surprise that my favorite part of the holidays is giving gifts! I love the planning, the buying, the crafting, and watching the people I love most open them!

I work really hard at making sure I get just the right gift for everyone. It is never random and there is always a reason I got you what I did. I love thoughtful and meaningful gifts. Not just some random thing bought from a store. 

I am BEYOND excited for all of my gifts this year! Every single one is great and I cannot wait to give them out. And I cannot wait to share some of my favorites on here! Here are some gifts from Christmas past that I have loved giving!


This H was made two Christmas' ago.  Here is the tutorial for how I made it (SO EASY).  I made it for Mom and it now hangs in our kitchen at home.  I LOVE it and get so many compliments on it all them time.  The best part was Mom was stunned by the gift.  No one was expecting anything like this so I loved the big reveal!


Last year I made wreaths for Mom and Mattie.  The one above is Mattie's hung in her apartment.  I have even redone mom's so that it looked fresh.  I love the personalization and creativity behind wreaths.  Plus super simple!


And last year I got this tumbler for those girls! The M is for Milligan and then everyone had their name on theirs (not mine…that would have been weird).  It was senior year and I wanted all of us to have a little something to remind us of Milli.  And they got used ALL. THE. TIME.  Someone even asked if one of us went to the book store and bought the cup and then personalized it.  I would say I did pretty dang well with this one!

So as you can see I put a lot of time and meaning into my gifts.  I love gift giving.  And now I cannot wait to see what everyone else's have thing about Christmas is!
Signature

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Giving/receiving gifts is my love language too! I posted about it the other day, so sorry if you knew that already, but I just got really excited! When I read the book with my husband, learning that that was my love language made me feel sort of weird and materialistic, even though I knew I wasn't really that way - and I couldn't help what my love language was! So I love it when other people are the same one as me, especially extra cool and awesome and generous people like you! Yay!

Donna said...

I love gift giving too, there's just something so fun about watching somebody open a gift you know they're going to love! Those tumblers are amazing! I wish I had of thought of doing that!

Miss Riss said...

Looks like you're a pretty dang good gift giver =)

Heather Leigh @ Like a Morning cup of coffee said...

Love all of the decorations and crafts!!!

Brittany said...

I love finding the perfect gift for someone but sometimes it stresses me out too!! Because it has to be perfect.

Hayley! said...

I love giving gifts, too! I have really loved making some gifts over the last year or so, too, since I love getting homemade things the most! The wine cork "H" turned out great! Thanks for joining us!

Lauren @ The Albrechts Blog said...

You know I love your craftiness:) I'm so excited to see what you come up with this year!! I'm not feeling the crafty Christmas bug:( I must be sick or something!!

Megan @ Grad Student Needs Hobby said...

I LOVE these crafts! How beautiful. This season always makes me wish I could bust out more decorative skills. I hope you share how your gifts turn out!

Steve Finnell said...

CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD?

On the Day of Pentecost Peter quoted the prophet Joel (Acts 2:21'And it shall be that everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.')

To call on the name of the Lord is to acknowledge the authority and power of the Lord, and follow in obedience by meeting the terms of pardon.

The apostle Peter did not tell those on the Day of Pentecost to say the "sinner's prayer." Saying the "sinner's prayer" is not calling on the name of the Lord.

Peter preached the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus. Peter declared the Jesus was Lord and Christ. (Acts 2: 22-26) They obviously believed Peter's preaching because they asked the question(Acts 2:37 ....."Brethren what shall we do?")
Peter did not tell them to say the "sinner's prayer." What was Peter's response to their question? (Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.)


THE NARRATIVE OF CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.
1. FAITH: Believe in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus. Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
2. CONFESSION: Acknowledge Jesus as the Christ and the Son of God.
3. REPENTANCE: Make the commitment to turn from sin and turn toward God.
4. WATER BAPTISM: Be immersed into Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.


HOW DID THE ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD? (Acts 8:25-40


1. Philip preached Jesus to him. (Acts 8:35)
2. He confessed Jesus as The Christ the Son of God. (Acts 8:37)
3. He was baptized in water. Immersed by Philip. (Acts 8:38-39)
The Ethiopian eunuch did not say the sinner's pray nor was he asked to do so by Philip.


Romans 10:13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."


Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.


To call on the name of the Lord is to acknowledge His power and authority and confess Him as Lord and Christ . (Acts 2:26,Acts 8:37, Romans 10:9-10) To call on the Name of the Lord is to repent and be baptized. (Acts 2:38)


WE ARE TOLD TO CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD TO BE SAVED.


We are never told we are saved by "faith only." We are never told that saying the "sinner's prayer" is calling on the name of the Lord.


IF SAYING THE "SINNER'S PRAYER" IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR SALVATION? THEN WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SALVATION.


THE REQUIREMENTS!
1. Faith: John 3:16
2. Belief and baptism: Mark 16:16
3. Confession and belief: Romans 10:9-10
4. Born of water and Spirit: John 3:5
5. Grace and faith: Ephesians 2:8
6. Buried through baptism: Roman 6:4-5
7. Water baptism: 1 Peter 3:20-21
8. Baptism: Acts 22:16
9. Baptized into Christ: Galatians 3:27
10. Believe: Acts 16:30-31
11. Repentance and baptism: Acts 2:38
12. God's mercy, water baptism, and the Holy Spirit: Titus 3:5
13. Water baptism: Colossians 2:12-13
14. Repentance: Acts 3:19


IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THESE REQUIREMENTS---THEN YOU HAVE CALLED ON THE NAME OF THE LORD!

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Wow, great gifts! I love how much thought and time you put into them. I really love giving gifts as well. It is my favorite part of the holiday because I like to make sure it's something that suits the reciever perfectly, but nothing they would have ever thought to buy for themselves. So much fun!

xo Megan, Lush to Blush