Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I Love Most About Christmas

Girl Between the Lines Link up

I am linking up with Lauren and Haley again for the Girl Between The Lines link up! This weeks topic is what we love most about the Holliday season!

This was super easy for me. As you all may know I am huge on love languages. And mine that I give out is gift giving. So it should be no surprise that my favorite part of the holidays is giving gifts! I love the planning, the buying, the crafting, and watching the people I love most open them!

I work really hard at making sure I get just the right gift for everyone. It is never random and there is always a reason I got you what I did. I love thoughtful and meaningful gifts. Not just some random thing bought from a store. 

I am BEYOND excited for all of my gifts this year! Every single one is great and I cannot wait to give them out. And I cannot wait to share some of my favorites on here! Here are some gifts from Christmas past that I have loved giving!


This H was made two Christmas' ago.  Here is the tutorial for how I made it (SO EASY).  I made it for Mom and it now hangs in our kitchen at home.  I LOVE it and get so many compliments on it all them time.  The best part was Mom was stunned by the gift.  No one was expecting anything like this so I loved the big reveal!


Last year I made wreaths for Mom and Mattie.  The one above is Mattie's hung in her apartment.  I have even redone mom's so that it looked fresh.  I love the personalization and creativity behind wreaths.  Plus super simple!


And last year I got this tumbler for those girls! The M is for Milligan and then everyone had their name on theirs (not mine…that would have been weird).  It was senior year and I wanted all of us to have a little something to remind us of Milli.  And they got used ALL. THE. TIME.  Someone even asked if one of us went to the book store and bought the cup and then personalized it.  I would say I did pretty dang well with this one!

So as you can see I put a lot of time and meaning into my gifts.  I love gift giving.  And now I cannot wait to see what everyone else's have thing about Christmas is!
Signature

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Giving/receiving gifts is my love language too! I posted about it the other day, so sorry if you knew that already, but I just got really excited! When I read the book with my husband, learning that that was my love language made me feel sort of weird and materialistic, even though I knew I wasn't really that way - and I couldn't help what my love language was! So I love it when other people are the same one as me, especially extra cool and awesome and generous people like you! Yay!

Donna said...

I love gift giving too, there's just something so fun about watching somebody open a gift you know they're going to love! Those tumblers are amazing! I wish I had of thought of doing that!

Miss Riss said...

Looks like you're a pretty dang good gift giver =)

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Love all of the decorations and crafts!!!

Brittany said...

I love finding the perfect gift for someone but sometimes it stresses me out too!! Because it has to be perfect.

Hayley! said...

I love giving gifts, too! I have really loved making some gifts over the last year or so, too, since I love getting homemade things the most! The wine cork "H" turned out great! Thanks for joining us!

Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street said...

You know I love your craftiness:) I'm so excited to see what you come up with this year!! I'm not feeling the crafty Christmas bug:( I must be sick or something!!

Megan @ Grad Student Needs Hobby said...

I LOVE these crafts! How beautiful. This season always makes me wish I could bust out more decorative skills. I hope you share how your gifts turn out!

Megan @ Lush to Blush said...

Wow, great gifts! I love how much thought and time you put into them. I really love giving gifts as well. It is my favorite part of the holiday because I like to make sure it's something that suits the reciever perfectly, but nothing they would have ever thought to buy for themselves. So much fun!

xo Megan, Lush to Blush