Come 2 p.m. yesterday I was ready to curl up in a ball on my nanny families couch and cry myself to sleep. If only Roman could watch his 3 year old self without supervision...but then I would lose my job and since I already almost lost one job, I decided it wouldn't be wise to risk losing my favorite job.
If almost losing one job wasn't bad enough, I have had everything that could go wrong go wrong over the course of the last two weeks or so. I swear I am losing my mind. If this month doesn't end soon then I think I really might curl up in a ball on my couch and wait till it does. Actually how about we just skip right on to Christmas break?
How have I been losing my mind lately you ask? What all has gone wrong? If we are friends on Facebook you have already heard most of these. But we all know nothing really happens unless I blog about it. Because that seals the truth forever (say what??? see I am losing my mind)
1. I placed an order online and gave the wrong credit car number. Now for a girl who shops mostly online this is defeating. At least the girl I bought from is a friend (Hi Haylie!) and totally understood. And at least I got my package in the mail yesterday. Nothing is better than new makeup and face cleaners!
2. I place another order online a couple weeks back and did not give my full address. I did not figure this out till 3 days after it has been shipped back to the sender. I really wanted that cardigan...
3. I place ANOTHER order online through Amazon for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Considering I just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I have been dying to get my hands on the book. It was should have been delivered by yesterday. Amazon said I got it a week ago. I have yet to see it.
4. I agreed to babysit for a Halloween party Friday night. I thought it was for friends of my nanny family, so I told them I would see them there. It was for a completely different family that they don't even know. Maybe I should make sure to get names before I say anything...
5. That job I mentioned I almost lost? My substitute teaching job. I missed subbing for one important day, which they told me was not that important and would not matter, and next thing I know they are telling me to resign. I was not about to go down without a fight. Fortunately, they heard me out and I get to keep making the big bucks!
6. I forgot all about filing for financial aid and found out last week that I needed to pay my tuition. Yeah I don't exactly have that kind of money just sitting around. Fortunately they still let me file and only gain a couple late charges.
7. I had to put together a brochure for a support group I help run. First off I HATE BROCHURES. Second it took me two hours to complete. I created 5 brochures till I finally liked one enough to send it to my supervisor. That is after asking her what the initials for a group name stand for...
All I need to do is make it through this week and this month and this year. Lots of prayers for some sanity would be greatly appreciated. I will leave you with the wise words of a 5 year old "I think my brain fell out. Do you think that could really happen? I don't feel it in there anymore. It definitely fell out."