Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall In A Cup


This time of year there is one fall/winter drink that calls my name.  The memories of the big pots on the stove, smells of cinnamon and cloves, and and when in North Carolina it warming you up from the inside out.  Both sides of my family have their own recipe, but I have to say I am pretty partial to my Mom's!

The combination of orange and lemon and cinnamon and cloves with a little sugar and tea creates my most favorite drink.  Russian Tea.  I am curious who has all heard of this?  Is this just something from my family or do you enjoy it as well?

After making it this past week, I just knew I had to share the recipe.  Mom calls it the cure all for everything.  Have a cold?  Russian Tea.  Tired?  Russian Tea.  Cold day outside?  Russian Tea.  You name it Russian Tea can fix it. It is the one smell and taste that will forever remind me of my childhood and family.

Ingredients
10 tea bags (I had family size on hand and used 7)
3-4 cinnamon sticks
4 teaspoons whole cloves
12 oz. lemon juice
12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
2 3/4 cup sugar
6 quarts of water

In one pot combine 3 quarts of water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves.  Bring to a hard boil for 5 minutes.

In another large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, turn off burner, steep tea bags for 5 minutes.

Combine both pots.  Add lemon juice and orange juice.  Stir.

This makes quite a bit so make sure to share with your family:) It is also safe to put in a container and save in the fridge to reheat over time (my favorite part)
Super simple recipe. Super amazing drink.  I am basically living off of it this week! Enjoy my friends!
Signature

1 comment:

Mosby Hardin said...

That sounds great. I love tea. But what kind of tea did you use?