Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap: Atlanta Style

For the month of October I have either had somewhere to go, someone coming to me, or something big going on each weekend.  While it has been quite fun and exciting, I am very ready for a weekend home, curled up on my couch, with nothing to do.

This past weekend I headed up to Macon, Georgia with my friend, Brittany, to visit my sister and her boyfriend, and to also see Boyce Avenue in concert.  If you have not heard of them, go check them out right now.  I will wait...

Ok so now that you have seen how awesome they are, you now know why I traveled to go see them in person.  I will talk more about that in a bit...but let me just say they were AMAZING!

I drove up Friday with Brittany and it was so nice to have someone other than my sister's dog Boone to ride with.  Definitely made the drive less awful.  Except we hit major traffic the whole weekend and Brittany got to see my crazy road rage.  In her words "I have never heard you curse this much before" and she had known me for over 2 years.

Friday night was spent hanging out with my sister Mattie, her boyfriend, and many of her friends. Lots of fun if you ask me!

Saturday we woke up and after Brittany made us french toast for breakfast (which was amazingly delicious), we headed on a walk in a local park to wear Boone out for the day.  It was such a gorgeous walk and it totally made me wish I lived there and could run the trails!


We came home, made lunch, got ready and headed out for Atlanta for the concert.  Mattie had also gotten tickets for a soccer game for both her boyfriend and Brittany's.  So we needed to go see him so the guys could go to the game.

We got to the concert right as it was about to start which caused us to not be able to find seats.  Mattie being newly out of a cast on her right foot, could not stand the whole time.  So she pulled the cripple card and we got to sit right next to the stage in the ADA section.  This means no zoom was used on any pictures at all!


Mattie had seen Boyce Avenue in concert before, but this was me and Brittany's first time.  I was seriously blown away by them and would definitely go see them again!


Our seats were right near where they entered the stage.  This meant Mattie could peek under the curtain and see the guys before the came out.  She kept us filled in on what they were wearing, doing, and saying.



So you know how there is always that one couple that is too mushy?  We got lucky and had one right next to us.  Every time their favorite song (every other song) came on they would turn to each other, look deeply into each other's eyes, and sing.  And then the girl dry humped him the entire time.



After the concert was over we had made plans to meet the guys somewhere to watch the last part of the FSU game (per Mattie's request).  Well we were all smart and all but my phone died during the concert.  Mine was on 1% when we left.  So we had to each write out directions out on our hands so we could get there.  Only we would do that.


After finishing the game at the one place that was out of EVERYTHING, we headed back to Macon at 12:30 AM.  We had over an hour drive, I-75 closed down and we didn't get home till 2:30.  Thank goodness for Jamison who was willing to drive!

Sunday we slept in, grabbed brunch, and then Brittany and I headed back home.  It was totally worth the trips, but I really do look forward to being home in my apartment for the next couple of weekends!

Signature

No comments: