Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Renewed by the New


A couple months ago I wrote about wanting to find time to have quiet time with the Lord.  I wanted to find that time and a great devotional to use.  To be honest, I kept putting it off.  I kept saying a better time would come.  Well I finally found it.

I had been wanting a new Bible lately.  The one I have been using I got my freshmen year of collage from Lauren.  It was my first ESV version and I loved it.  It was small, which made it really easy to put in my purse for church.   Overtime the print got too small, the pages have been bent, and I just wanted something new and fresh.

On Monday while running errands I stopped by the bookstore to look for a new Bible and a new devotional.  I wanted something to read on the daily, that pointed me to scripture, but nothing super long.  Somedays I really only have 10 minutes.

Tuesday morning I sat down with my new Bible, devotional, and a journal given to me from a friend for graduation.  And I read.  And I prayed.  And I journaled.  And my heart has not felt that good in a long time.

I have learned the importance of being in the word.  It makes me a better person.  I feel more connected to God and other believers by reading more.  I desire to keep reading and keep learning.  

Our God is am AWEsome God!
Signature

3 comments:

Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street said...

This is awesome!!!:) so encouraged by your joy today!!:)

Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street said...

This is awesome!!!:) so encouraged by your joy today!!:)

Miss Riss said...

Awesome, Mosby! I keep saying the same thing, but I never set aside the time to do it; as I get older I realize what people meant by "living intentionally," if I don't intentionally set aside quiet time the days will just keep keep flying by without it.