Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting My Booty Moving!

It is a well known fact that I have a love/hate relationship with losing weight, eating healthy, and working out.  I love the results of all three, but actually doing them is not always pure bliss.  But they are all things I NEED to do in order to be the healthy person I want to be.

I have slowly, but surely been working all three of these things into my daily routine.  The eating healthy part has been one of the hardest parts.  As busy as I am working multiple jobs and going to school, fast food is easy and good.  But then I gained 20 pounds in 5 months and well that was NOT good at all.  So I am back on the healthy make my own food train. Like this breakfast I am obsessed with: plain greek yogurt, strawberries, and truvia sprinkled on top.


And then there is the working out.  Waking up at 4 am to go to the gym won't cut it with my never ending busy days.  So I am back into trying to run.  I ran my first 5k in almost a year a couple weeks ago, I got new shoes (Brooks Revenna), and I am battling the Florida heat and trying to run.  Today I had my first run in my new shoes!


It didn't go exactly as planned, but I got out there and did it.  My goal is to run 2-3 times a week training for my next 5k at the end of July.  And during that race I am hoping a praying to beat my time of 39:47.

In all of this process over the last couple of weeks, I have lost some weight.  I am down about 6 pounds, which is AWESOME! I also know the more weight I lose the easier running is going to be for me.  And the more progress I see the more I am going to want to continue eating healthy and running!

I am hoping that putting this out there will also provide some encouragement and pressure for me to keep going.  I want to feel better about myself again and the only way to do that is to GET MY BOOTY MOVING!!!
Signature

3 comments:

Miss Riss said...

Awesome job Mosby!! Proud of you! Keep up the good work...and your shoes are way cute :) I like the purple :)

Amy said...

Get it girl!! I've got a love hate relationship with all these things too. My BIGGEST struggle is the healthy eating part. But dang, that's where the results come from!

Keep it goin' girl!

Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street said...

You are awesome. When you put your mind to something, you are a beast and you GET STUFF DONE! ;) I know you'll do great as you train if you just set your mind to it and stay disciplined! Your discipline has encouraged me so much, I have great faith in you sweet friend!! :)