Friday, December 2, 2011

Decorating the House!!!

For the past 2 years I have not been home to help my mom decorate the house for Christmas.  Now people this is one of my favorite things to do.  I love the way our home looks for Christmas, and Mamerz would probably say that all of the decorations I enjoy are the ones she hates to do.  But to me there are just certain decorations that must be put up in order for me to feel like it is Christmas time at the Hardin Household.  Here are a few of my favorite things:)
Here is all of the decorations ready to be taken out of their boxes...yes we have a lot.
 The Dining room table set for the holidays
 I just love the way this table looks :))
 This is by far my favorite decoration.  When you walk in the front door of our home we have three columns.  I love putting the garland and bows and decorations all around them.  Mamerz sometimes feels it is too time consuming to do, but she also knows it is my favorite thing.  It just screams Christmas when you walk in the door:)
 The stockings hung by the chimney with care...and this year there are three extra ones...for the pets.
 Sugar town is also another one of my favorites.  Again a little time consuming to put out, but looks so pretty when it is there.
 Close up view of all of the precious moments that are part of Sugar Town. (it snows there too which is pretty cool for being in florida)
And last, but certainly not least, our Christmas tree.  This is the first year in about 10 years that we have had a real Christmas tree.  We all went out as a family and picked it out.  And then me and Mamerz decorated it together!  For the first time in forever I strung the lights...and people that is no easy task to accomplish!!!

Needless to say I am really excited to get home for break and enjoy all of the wonderful decorations set all around our home :))

No comments: