Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Being Content

Content.  The one word that has popped into my head more times than I can count in the last few weeks.  I have had this overwhelming feeling of being content in where I am at and what I am doing with my life.  And friends I am not complaining.

In college it always seemed like I was looking forward to the next week, the next semester of classes, graduation, or moving on with life.  I never really had this feeling of being content with where I was and loving every minute of it.  I never thought I would find it here, in Florida, going to Grad School, and working multiple jobs.

But I have found it.  Whether it is on the boat with my parents soaking up the sun or having a fun relaxing dinner with a new friend.  I am content.  And this contentedness? It makes me happy.  I am happy to be content and to be loving where I am right now in this very moment.


In Psalm 16:8-11 it says "I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Take joy in the Lord and be content with Him.  He is the one who provides this and the one who is always there.  I find comfort and strength in knowing this is where God wants me to be and I know He has set forth this perfect path for me to follow.  And that feeling of being content? It reaffirms that I am following that perfect path. 
Signature

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

This is awesome! I'm so glad you're feeling happy and content in where you are. Contentedness is hard for a lot of people, including myself, so it's encouraging to read when other people have found it. Plus, that ocean view doesn't look too shabby either ;). Can wait til I can see it in person :) :)