Monday, July 14, 2014

Brain Farts


Brain Fart: When your brain totally gives out on you and you completely forget something or you get everything mixed up. Aka everyday of my life recently. I swear I don't know where my head is half the time. And here I was thinking Grad School was suppose to make me smarter...nope. Here is a little glimpse into how my brain has been working...or not working!

1. I went shopping the other day with my brothers girlfriend and had coupons from my mom for Bath and Body Works. I went in and picked out what I could get with the coupons and then went to pay. I looked down at the coupon and read when it expired: August 1,2014. And immediately said "great mom gave me an expired coupon." Except it's not even August. It's July. And the sweet lady checking me out told me so. At least I got me deal!?  And looked a little dumb in the process. 

2. Brutus got a little sick last week. Long story short he somehow injured his eye causing it to cloud up like a blind eye. I had to take him to the vet multiple times for check ups to make sure he got all better. And he did. Well Monday I completely forgot when I was suppose to take him in. I was about 95% sure it was suppose to be Monday and about 75% sure it was at 2 p.m.  So I just showed up at that time hoping I was right. Thank goodness I was! 

3. I regularly forget homework assignments. If I don't write it down in my planner then it doesn't happen. Case in point: Monday I was suppose to have read a couple of articles for class. Not only did I not read a single one, I totally forgot about them and left them with my book at home. Talk about not prepared!?

4. Yesterday I called one of my clients his brothers name. 3 different times. Within in 2 minutes. To give me credit they are both my clients. And both their names start with a D. But I kept apologizing and felt so bad because I always hated being called my sisters name growing up!

And all of those occurred since Sunday. Can you imagine what a week is like for me?! Please tell me you have brain farts too!
Signature

No comments: