Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 4 Recap

After a fun busy weekend with Denise and Dave we found ourselves having another fun busy weekend for the fourth, which also happens to be my dads birthday! My moms sister and brother in law were in town and all four kids made their way back to the beach.

Every fourth there is a parade on the Island that we go to.  It is at the end if our street and always fun to watch. This year I made a point of making sure we all were patriotic (or at least us girls) and got us headbands to wear. I also had a tank for myself. Benj and Bryce got some socks and had some fun. 

It always mandatory with me to get family picture whenever we can!





After the parade the clouds came and so we ended up inside playing cards and hanging out with the fam. We were just hoping the skies would clear up for fireworks that night! And our dreams came true!

Growing up my grand mommy always told my dad the fireworks were just for him on the fourth since it was his birthday. And he still believes it to this day :) He wanted to take the boat out to watch the show and that's what we did!




We ended the night with one sick camper and then an American flag birthday banana pudding!



I have to say I am a big fan of these fun weekends with the whole family. It's so nice that we still want to spend time with each other and will do so. I loved celebrated dad and our country. I am proud to be an American and his daughter:)


Signature

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

Love those headbands!! Ugh, I wish it wasn't so sweltering hot here so that we might actually be able to enjoy a 4th of July parade too!