Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Opening and Shutting Doors

I firmly believe that for every door closed God will open another.  He never leaves us without and there is always a plan in place...even if we do not know what that plan is.  You know the saying "patience is a virtue"?  Yeah I need to work on that one.

After making the decision to move back home and go to Southeastern for grad school, I knew I would need to start looking for a job.  I wanted so badly to be out in the real world and be a big girl with a big girl job.  And I wanted to have the job RIGHT NOW!

There was a problem with that.  My schooling will not always allow me to have a full time job.  Yes my classes will be at night, but once I start my practicums and then internships I won't be able to work all the time.  So what was I suppose to do?

I thought maybe I would get a job at the school.  This way they would know what they were getting if they hired me and would be more willing to work with my schedule.  And I thought I had found a job to apply for.

But when I looked yesterday to finish my application the job was gone.  They had already filled the position.  What was I suppose to do now? I was so let down and didn't know where to go.  So I prayed about it.

Little did I know God had been preparing me for this.  

I LOVE kids.  And I hate the idea of not being able to work with kids in any way.  My job at the gym was still there for me if I wanted it.  And I know in the fall I can substitute teach around my schedule.  This opportunity and job has been there the whole time.


This was not what I thought I wanted to do.  It is not following the plan that I had in mind for myself post graduation.  But the door has opened and I feel that it is the right path to follow.  And I am majorly relieved that I have secured me a job.


So here is to looking forward to being back with my kiddos and enjoying the doors God has so graciously opened for me!
Signature

No comments: