Monday, April 29, 2013

My First 5K!

On Saturday I ran my first 5K! If you had told me 3 months ago I would be doing this I would not have believed you.  But I did.  And I am beyond proud of myself for doing it!  And of course I could not do it if it wasn't for Lauren!



Before the race I was so nervous.  This made me so much more thankful for having Lauren there!  I was a big bundle of nerves and excitement and just plain ready to start the race.  Soon our friends showed up to cheer us on and that calmed me down some.


They got some good pictures of us starting the race.  We started off so much faster than our normal pace and it took me some time to slow it down and find my pace.

I did have to walk a couple times, especially after this huge ass hill that came right after mile 1.  But I made it through the whole race without dying...and I didn't come in last!


Coming around the turn to the finish line I booked it.  I found some sort of energy and sprinted to that finish line.  As you can see in the pictures I made it in 34:19!  I was super proud of this!


So many friends came and cheered us on and I could not thank them enough for it!  It was so nice having that support from everyone and hearing them cheer me on.  I am so blessed to have these girls in my life and I do not know what I would do without them!

On the way home Lauren and I were already talking about our next races! I am so pumped for the next one and then eventually a half marathon!
Signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your time was AMAZING girl!! So proud of you!!! Keep up the amazing work :)

The Unlikely Runner said...

congratulations on your first race!! That is so exciting!! :)