Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Why I Blog

Everyone blogs for one reason or another. There was something in us that caused us to press that little create a blog button. Over time the number one reason I started a blog has remained the same. I desired to keep those who I did not live near in the know about my life.

I started this blog when I was a sophomore in college. Originally it was "The Life of a Milligan College Student". Longest name ever!!! I really wanted to share what life was like a Milligan. It's a one of a kind place and I thought the world needed to know that. I also was living 11 hours from home and this was a great way of sharing what was going on in my life with friends and family back home. 



I also wanted to write down all of my favorite college memories. We all forget what happened and when. I can even look back to just a year ago and be reminded of something I had forgotten. I love that I have a place to come back to and see what happened and is important to me. 


Now that I have moved back home I write for all my friends who live far away. It's a great way for them to see what I am up to and how I am doing. I love that even if I do not talk to them for a while when we do they know things because they read the blog. And I know most of them love being able to stay in contact a little through this place. 


Overtime blogging has become a stress reliever for me. I have discovered my love of writing over the past couple of years. I never knew how cathartic it could be. I can't imagine not having blogging or some type of writing in my life. I am able to gety thoughts out and let's be honest I have toom any thoughts in my head to not have a place to release them!

We all have our reasons for blogging. And I cannot wait to read more on why all of you love blogging and keep up with it!

Girl Between the Lines Link up
Signature

2 comments:

Miss Riss said...

I remember when you were "Life of a Milligan College Student" =) . For the record, I'm glad you blog too =)

Hayley! said...

Aw, I love this! I can't believe you were in school 11 hours away from home--So brave! Blogging also releases a lot of stress for me, too! For some reason, betting some thoughts out really helps! :)