Monday, September 22, 2014

Judgement: Whose Job Is It?


I hate it when someone who probably barely knows me judges me wrongly.  I hate it even more when someone who says they love me judges me without really knowing what is going on.  But I also know that I am more than guilty of judging someone else in both of those situations.\

Lately I have felt a lot of judgement coming my way.  It hurts my heart a lot when I find out someone is judging my life when they really have no idea what it is like or what is going on.  It has happened with close friends and peers who barely know me.  I have really been torn up about this lately.

All of this raises the question within me of "Whose job is it really to judge?".  At the end of the day I know that it is not my job or your job or your Dad's job.  It is God's job to do the judging.  So why do we do it now and why do we let it stress us out?

Most of us have heard/read the verse in Matthew 7:3-5
 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." 

Instead of focusing on our brothers mistakes and life, we all need to be reflecting on our own lives and what we are doing. We should first take a look into our own lives before we even attempt to look into someone else's.  Not always the easy thing to do, but the right thing to do.

A constant prayer of mine is for forgiveness for judging someone (like I said I am very guilty of this) and for God to work on my heart and help me to be more aware of it and cease to do it.  Instead of judging someone who has hurt me I pray for them (the hardest thing to do) which creates a peace within me I would not know if I chose to judge.

If we have heard this once, we have heard it a million times: you never really know a person till you walk a mile in their shoes.  Hardest lesson to learn, yet the most important one I have been taught and try to implement in my own life.
Signature

1 comment:

Mosby Hardin said...

Me. It's my job to judge people.