Wednesday, September 17, 2014

To Online Date or To Not Online Date?


Earlier this year I was over at my parents house having dinner when my Dad told me that I should consider using Christian Mingle.  I was a little shocked to say the least and thought for a second he was kidding.  He wasn't.  He suggested it for my sister as well.  And well she took his advice, found a nice guy, and now they are practically married.

About 8 months later and about 5 months after my sister joined and met her boyfriend the thought has popped back into my mind.  Should I online date or not?

Now here me out friends.  I am 23 years old so it is not like I am desperately needing to get married so I can have kids before my clock runs out.  But being in grad school and working all the time when and where am I going to meet someone?

There is a part of me that really longs to have someone who loves me and wants to spend time with me.  Life gets a little lonely at night when it's just Brutus and I.  He doesn't exactly have much to add to the conversation.   

But at the same time do I have the time for another person?  Do I have the energy to put into dating someone?  Am I ready to put myself out there?

I don't know.  So this is when I come to you my lovely blog friends.  Have you ever online dated?  How did it go?  Did you like it?  What website did you use?  Do you think I should give it a shot?

I cannot believe I am even entertaining this idea.  I promised one friend I wouldn't even consider online dating till I was 25.  But the loneliness is setting in and I will be graduating next May and I either need to find a husband or a roommate in order to not move back in with my parents.  
Signature

2 comments:

Ashley Bree said...

I am 23 years old and I'm in grad school too. I say go for it, but also be careful with who you meet online. There are some creepers out there.

Crystal said...

There are creepers galore online - but there are in real life too. I used a few different sites and met quite a few frogs along the way. But then one day - he was there. Seven years later, we are married and journeying through this crazy thing called life - together! :) Good luck!!