Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Favorite Question


This past weekend I headed up to Macon to go help Mattie with her broken foot.  She is now in a hard cast, can't have her dog, can't cook, and can't clean.  So what's a sister to do but take her dog for a visit, cook some meals, and vacuum dog hair from places I didn't even know could collect dog hair. 

One of the reasons I was also excited to go up there was to meet Mattie's friends that I have heard so much about.  Fortunately for her I did not meet one I did not like!  When you meet new people though, there is one question that is ALWAYS asked.  

What do you do?

Recently this has become one of my most favorite questions to be asked.  Now I know what you are thinking... "wow is Mosby conceited or what?".  And while I do like to talk about myself (that is why I have a blog) the main reason I love the question?  I am in LOVE with what I am doing with my life.

I love being a counselor.  And not only that I love where I work.  And when you ask me what I do, then I get to talk about Lighthouse Ministries and share what amazing things happen there.  I love each and every woman and child I work with.  I feel beyond blessed to be loving what I do.

Another reason I love it when someone asks me that question?  When I tell them they almost always ask me if I am psychoanalyzing them.  The honest truth?  Yeah more than likely I am.  I listen and watch how people interact with one another.  Will I ever say anything?  Not unless you ask and really want to know. (Also yes I know I do not always know what I am talking about and I always make a point of saying it is an assumption and I would have to spend a whole lot more time with someone to really make comments)

At the end of the day, I know that I am beyond lucky to love what I am doing.  Not many people get to say that about their job.  I know that I am in the right field and doing exactly what God has called me to do.
Signature

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I love this! I always find it interesting to see how people describe what they do too.

Mosby Hardin said...

Me too! It tells me so much about a person!

Mosby Hardin said...

Please psychoanalyze me this weekend k?! Free counseling wooo!! ;)

Mosby Hardin said...

Oh you got it girl!