Monday, September 8, 2014

September Goals Update

1. Put 10% of each paycheck into my Savings.
Instead of putting away 10% of each paycheck I changed this to reaching a certain number in my savings and staying there. I have reached that number!!!!! And now I just have to keep it there!
Well friends life and lack of jobs got in the way of this goal.  Not only have I not been saving this summer, but I have had to dip into my savings a little.  But with the fall comes substitute teaching and more money.  Hopefully I will be back on track soon.

2.  Go Back to Charleston
Need to get to work on this one!
Nothing has changed here :(

3.  Focus on my Health
I ran (using the term loosely) 3 5k's this summer! I did the best I could and got them done!


This month my goal is to workout for at least 45 minutes everyday.  And on Thursdays to go to the gym and take Spin and Yoga Sculpt with Sherry. Also gotta get better with the food!

4.  Really get involved in Church
This month Church wasn't exactly a priority for me. With summer comes weekends at the beach with the family. So I really only went one or two Sundays this past month. My goal is to make it every other week, so that I can also enjoy some beach and family time. 
In the fall I do not go to the beach on the weekends as much.  So church is going to definitely be a priority to me!

5. Meet a blog friend in person
Plans to meet Rissa in October maybe!
Flights have been books and on October 2, 2014 I will be meeting Rissa!!!! Harry Potter World here we come!!

6. Visit Tennessee and New Hampshire twice at least before the year is up!
I visited Tennessee March 1. And I have plans to go to New Hampshire at the end of the summer!
This remains the same.


Ashlee did come down for Easter last month which was so great.  I was so happy to be able to spend some great time with her! It was much needed best friend time!


New Hampshire was amazing in August.  Most needed and best trip I could have ever asked for.  I cannot wait to go back!

I really wanted to go to Tennessee this fall, but I am not sure if that is going to happen.  Still trying to get it to work out any way I can!

7.  Finish decorating my apartment
I have loved my newest additions to my apartment. I added some new prints to my walls. I love the prints and the frames!

Here is what it looked like before:
The first three prints are from Lauren's Blog

Here is way it looks like now:
The new Prints are from this shop.

I also found this tin bin that I absolutely LOVE. It is going a over my kitchen cabinets. I am working on decorating up there and as soon as it is done I will share a finished picture!


So I haven't quite finished a room yet.  I am so close to having my kitchen done and I cannot wait to share it.  I had plans to get a bookshelf for my dining/living room. And then Brutus started jumping on the counters so I got him a cat tree and it sits where I would have out the bookshelf. So I would say at least I added something!?


This month I chose to change up my whole living room.  I changed the layout and I rearranged and added to my gallery wall.  I am in love with the change!



8. Find a Practicum and Internship site
I wrote all about my site here.  And I have also committed to being at Lighthouse until December for my internship.  I will also be working at a church doing support groups and working on gaining individual clients.  To see what kind of work I am doing read this post.

9. Go visit my sister at least one weekend before she comes home from Law School.
We bought tickets to go to Boyce Avenue in Atlanta in October.  So this trip will be happening soon!!

10. Quit one of my jobs
I DID IT!! You read all about it here

11. Do 10 Random Acts of kindness
I completed two already! I sent Lauren and her hubby a gift card to go on a date. Those two just moved and I knew life was crazy for them. I just wanted them to take some time for themselves:) 
Also when I was in Tennessee I treated some friends to meals. It was my way of showing love to them:)
Ok so this might sound completely conceded but I feel like I have completed this one unintentionally.  I love doing things for others and don't even think about it!

So I am changing it to intentionally going out of my way to do RAOK.  AKA paying for someones meal in a fast food line.  Or something that I have to go out of my way to do, not something I normally do.

12.  Spend more time in the Word
Still a work in progress. I was doing good and then I let life get in the way:(
Still working on this one too….

13.  Stop procrastinating work as much
New semester, new start right?!  I have begun my summer semester and I will be forced to be more diligent with my work.  It's a lot more busier and I have to really watch when things are due.  But I am looking forward to doing it all!

I find it funny I put this on the list in January.  Mostly because currently I m procrastinating more than I ever thought possible.  It's horrible and really stressful.  I MUST GET BETTER AT THIS!

14.  Put my phone away more
I really worked on this one. And I am proud to say, I have put my phone away a lot! I have enjoyed time with my family and friends without my phone involved. And I have loved it. It has also made me more aware of when others are on their phones or devices when I am trying to talk to them.not a fan of being ignored and so since I now know how it feels I won't be doing it as often anymore!

Slowly but surely I will be completing all of these goals! Like I said, I am loving doing them and I know they will get done!
Signature

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

Look at you being all consistent and meeting your goals and stuff.