Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2 hours later...

Yesterday I spent about 2 and half hours at the doctors office.  Back again to see another doctor about my shoulder... I think this was my 7th? maybe 8th?  Anyways it was quite a morning there.

So I get there a couple minutes earlier since I was a new patient and knew I would have forms to fill out.  As I was doing that, I was also getting some new X-Rays taken.  Finally after about 25 minutes after my appointment was suppose to be, they call me back.

I get in and the lady tells me the doctor I was suppose to be seeing got called out on an emergency.  She said his Physician Assistant would be seeing me and if afterwards I still felt the need to see the doctor I could wait to see him.  I told them that would be fine, knowing full well I would probs want to see the doctor.

So this guy walks in 20 minutes later, rather awkwardly I must say, and starts going over things.  I start to explain what has been going on for the last 2 years and he barely gave me a chance to.  He then chooses to examine me, and I soon come to the conclusion that this man really has no idea what is going on with me or how to help.  Well this upsets me.  I was already in a very stressful position, and this was in my head suppose to be the answer to my problems.  As this guy finishes up he really does not give me an answer to anything at all or a plan for how to treat anything.  I tell him I will wait on the doctor to come back.

30 minutes later, after I dried all of my tears and calmed myself down, this cute little old man walks in the room.  He was amazing people.  He examines me and talks to me and explains everything.  You can totally tell that he knew what he was doing.  After talking to him for a little bit he finally told me what he thought I should do.

Apparently (feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am no doctor here) there are two joints in your shoulder.  One much larger one, and then a smaller one.  My last injection was into the larger joint.  This guy believed that my problem was in the smaller joint and that I needed to have another injection there.  So I sucked it up and shed some more tears as he injected me again.

I am praying that this will be my answer, and if not at least I am one step forward in finding one.  I hope sooner rather than later I will, but praying is all I can do at this point in time.

No comments: