Sunday, March 4, 2012

My First Few Days of Spring Break

Its only the first Sunday of Spring Break and I already have a good story to tell....well good in the sense of a lot happened.  So Friday afternoon I'm all excited because I am done reading with my little buddy at Mountainview Elementary School and it is officially Spring Break!!

So as we get back to school I talk to Ashlee and we plan to leave around 3:15 for my flight that night.  Picture this: In the car, on a road unknown to me, and I get THE phone call "Hello your flight has been cancelled.  Goodbye."  Needless to say I freakout.  What do you mean the flight is cancelled?! Are you kidding?! What do I do?! I want to go home?!  (btw the phone call I got was an automated message so yelling at them didn't really help all that much).

So what do I do? I call the parents.  And since I was already close to the airport I went on in to see if some way some how they could still get me out and home that night.  The answer? No. Sorry no flights.  I was not a happy camper when I heard this.  So I did the next best thing and scheduled another flight for the next morning.

Let me just say THANK GOODNESS for amazing friends! Like seriously people I do not know what I would have done had Ashlee not been there with me and been able to drive me everywhere! I owe her big time.  So we got back in the clown car and headed back to Milligan for the night.

5:30 a.m. Saturday morning.  I wake up at the butt crack of dawn.  I get ready.  I wait for Ash to come get me (again cannot believe she did this for me!) We get some coffee.  And man did I need that coffee.  I get to the airport and......my flight was there! Thank goodness!!! So I check in and go through security and find a seat to wait to board.

So I pull out this cute little book and get to reading.  About Auschwitz. Actually its not half bad.  And I got a lot read.  (p.s. this is for a class and it makes me look really smart!)

The plane gets boarded and we take off.  Only to have one of the most turbulent flights I have ever been on.  The weather in the area had been bad but this was not what I was expecting.  I think everyone could tell that I was freaking out.  But we made it to Atlanta where I had plenty of time before my next flight.  So what do I do? I get another cup of coffee!!
Then I saw this guy.  And he was kinda creepy.  For one he has a fanny pack.  Who even has one of those anymore? And who even wears one!? And he had like two sets of head phones around his neck.  And he was talking very loudly to himself....in another language! CREEPSTER!!
After all of this I finally board my second plane and make it back home to Florida at about 12:40.  And man was I thankful to be home.  I was able to enjoy some lovely time with my parents and brother just catching up on life and all things going on here.  Dad put some food on the grill and we had quite a nice night! I LOVE this place!
Bryce and his girl friend were going to party and since her mom came over to take some pictures, we decided to make it into a prom photo session! Of course Bryce just loved that!
Bryce was feeling short next to Brooke who was in heels.

The lovely kids and I

Momma and the Kids

The girls!

Overall these past two days of Spring Break have been good ones.  I am so happy to be home and with my family!  I am looking forward to relaxation and sleep!! Hope everyone is having just as much fun as I am!!

No comments: