Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Half Marathon Training Update

I mentioned yesterday my training for my half marathon.  I am so excited to be doing this (and with this girl) and have loved having something to train for again.  I am loving running so much and really do look forward to it every day...even with my legs killing me.
Last week was week 1 of training, and while I did not accomplish it all, I was still proud.  Here is was I was suppose to do:
Monday: stretch
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday: 3 miles plus strength
Friday: rest
Saturday: 30 minute cross training
Sunday: 4 miles.
And here is what I was able to do!
 Monday: Nothing...I was recuperating from my time in Texas.

Tuesday: I ran 3 miles.  This was the first time I had run 3 miles in a while and I was so happy I was able to do it.  I may have gone slow, but I am more interested in the distance right now than the time.


Wednesday:  I tried really hard to get two miles in but my body was dead.  I didn't do my usual path and that messed me up.  I was pretty disappointed in myself, but I knew I would be ok and to just keep moving!


Thursday: It rained all day long.  So i tried the treadmill.  Didn't even make it half a mile I hate those things. So instead I did some more cardio and called it a day.

Friday:  Even though I was suppose to rest I really wanted to get some cardio in. So I did.  I decided to rest on Saturday instead.

Sunday:  As I mentioned yesterday I finally reached four miles.  Not purposefully I was running a whole lot faster than I had been lately.  As in between 20-30 seconds faster.  I got through 2 miles feeling absolutely great and proud of myself. And then mile 3 came and I died.  I had to walk a little for the last 2 miles.  But I ran more than I walked so I am counting it a success since I made it to four miles in pretty dang good timing for myself!

This week is looking the same as last week.  With the major goal of finishing my 4 miles without a stop at all!  I have to say I am pretty proud of myself and all that I have achieved since starting running in January.  And I cannot wait to see where I go from here:)
Signature

No comments: