Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Gave Myself A Shin Splint

Or at least I think I did.  I mean for reals people my leg is hurting.  And it all had to do with this little desire of mine to start running.  Stupid desire.

Oh I also punched the treadmill yesterday.  While I was "running".  I don't even know why I did that.  I wasn't mad or anything.  I guess I am just a very aggressive "runner".

Why do I keep putting running in quotes you ask? Because I am not sure what I do can be called running.  I haven't seen myself in the mirror, but I am pretty sure I look a lot like this when I run.
via
I guess I could look worse.  Oh and I sweat.  Like a lot.  As in the difference between how I look when I first walk in the gym and when I leave...it's like night and day.  Not cute I tell you.  Not cute AT ALL!  I guess I will get over it one of these days...

On a good note, I have been at this running thing for a week and a half now.  And I will have to say I have impressed myself with how well I have been doing other than looking like a crazy gross person.  Monday I ran for 5 minutes straight.  And then yesterday I challenged myself to 7 minutes.  I did it!

OK well this is the end of my rant about "running".  If you have any running tips to share with me I would love them.  I need all the help I can get here people!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessi Williams said...

I get legit shin splints too :( Or at least that's what Aaron tells me! You just gotta take some advil about an hour before you run!

Mosby Hardin said...

Thanks Jess! I will try that one today!