Friday, August 3, 2012

Just Call Us Craftistas!

I decided to be a nice and good sister and help out Mattie with decorating her apartment.  As you read this I am probs in the car heading to GA to move her in.
She needed things to put on her walls and that is where I came in.  And of course I think they are fabulous!  Between Mamerz and I, we have this down! Team work is the best work!
The first thing we worked on was something to go above her bed.  I thought about it and came up with an idea to do a three paneled thing with her initials.  To make it easy we went with foam board covered in fabric and then painted on her initials.

Here are the three foam boards we used.  They were only $5.99 at Hobby Lobby and worked great.


I covered them in the fabric Mattie picked out.  We wanted something that went with her new bed spread but not the same.  I think it works great.


As I worked on covering the boards in fabric Mamerz painted on the letters.  So glad she was able to do this because one painting is not my forte and two I needed some help in order to get this done on time!


Here is the finished product.  I really loved how they turned out! I am also planning on adding some fabric flowers to them and will probs show you that another time.  Probs when I show you them finally hung up on her wall.

The next project was to figure out something to do with her canvases.  I didn't really want to paint them again so I came up with this idea to cover them in scrapbook paper.  I honestly didn't know if it was going to work or not.  In the end I really liked how they turned out.  She is going to put pictures on them and then hang them on the wall!




Well now that I am done being all crafty I am helping Mattie move in! Hope everyone has a great weekend:)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Angie said...

You gals have a great weekend too!!