Friday, May 11, 2012

That One Time We Walked Out...

I mentioned the other day that I had a doctors appointment on Thursday for my shoulder and I was going to let you all know how that went.  Well it didn't!  And to say I was mad is pretty much a MAJOR under statement.  Let me tell you all about it!

So being the good patient I am I show up, with Mamerz in tow, 20 minutes before the appointment time.  We actually were just running early that morning so we thought that maybe if we showed up earlier they would see me sooner. NOPE!

The appointment was at 10 a.m.  I arrive at 9:40 and they do not even call me back to the room until 10:30.  Well this happened the last time I was there so I thought "Well maybe he got called away on an emergency again." No they never said why I didn't get called back till then.

I go back into the room.  The nurse does all her nurse stuff like blood pressure and a couple questions.  As she leaves she says he will be with us shortly.  So Mamerz and I wait.  And wait. And wait.  Next thing we know it is 11:20 and NO ONE has come to see us.  Not even the nurse to say he is running behind.  It was an hour and twenty minutes past my appointment time and I was PISSED! I mean come on people it's not like I have all day to spend in the doctors office.

So what did we do? We walked out.  Actually we kinda stormed out of there.  As we walk by the front desk we tell them we are leaving and that it was uncalled for and rude and ridiculous that I had waited that long for nothing! All the lady cared about was taking me off his list.  Rude much again?!

I wanted to cry I was so mad.  I have waited for 3 months for this appointment.  I have spent the last 2 years in pain and this doctor had given me hope that we were going to figure out what was wrong.  I was mad and I wanted to cry.

Well now I have to go and find another doctor! Oh joy! I do not look forward to this, but I hope at least this one won't leave me hanging!! Doctor number 8 or 9 (I have lost count already) here I come!

Anybody know of a good orthopedic surgeon in Central Florida?!

No comments: