Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend started early for me.  Not intentionally really...but who can pass up skipping class and having a coffee date with 3 amazing girls? Not me!  

So instead of heading to our 10 o'clock super boring class, we went to The Coffee Company for some much needed girl time.  We talked and laughed and had a really awesome time not being in class.  Totes worth it.

Later Friday afternoon the roomies and I all headed out to the mall.  Charming Charlie was having a major sale on summer shoes and we just had to be in on that one! I got two pairs of shoes for $27!  And I am completely in love with them both.

But my best purchase of the day? My denim Calvin Klein dress.  Originally $99 and guess how much I paid? $16!!! Yup I was blown away by that one too! Belk has some pretty awesome sales and it is about time I start investing in some top quality pieces that will last a good long while!
via
The whole afternoon we kept thinking it was Saturday.  And then we would realize that it was only Friday and that made the weekend seem even longer and better! We don't get Labor day off here, so every little bit of extra time is awesome!

Saturday was spent doing a whole bunch of nothing.  I woke up and knew I had to keep studying for the GRE.  I am going to die by the end of this! My prayer is that I only have to take it one time and be done! Have y'all seen the kind of vocab on this test?! I can't even use Process of Elimination because I never know any of the words.  And I thought I was smart...

On Sunday I put that new dress and shoes to work and headed to church! I loved this outfit and want to wear it everyday.  No one will notice right?
Oh and to make sure I got good use out of the outfit, I went to the grocery store in it after church.

I spent the afternoon doing homework and some cooking.  I made some pretty awesome baked sweet potato fries! Seriously loved them! Here is the recipe I used! Go make them right now!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their day off today!
Photobucket

1 comment:

bonbon said...

Sounds like you had such a great time with your roomies! This weekend I had an old college roommate get married so all of us old roommies were there and it was so fun to shop and giggle and catch up like the good old days. College roommates are a blessing for sure! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com